Alter, relocate or remove
nbn recognises that property owners, business groups, local governments or other third parties may from time to time require nbn's infrastructure to be altered, relocated, removed or protected.
You should never try to move or alter the nbn™ broadband access network infrastructure/assets without authorisation. By law, only authorised people can work on nbn™ assets. Any interference, including unauthorised tampering, may result in legal action.
Apply early. Please provide nbn with as much advance notice of your project as possible.
Infrastructure owned by nbn is protected by law and in order to maintain, protect and safely relocate or remove our network assets, all requests must be done by authorised and accredited nbn personnel only. This will help us reduce damage to our assets and avoid unnecessary disruption to the community whilst ensuring nbn meets its Health, Safety and Environmental policy.
To help cater for these requirements, and subject to certain feasibilities and assessments nbn may offer a range of Commercial Works options. These can include, but are not limited to:
- Requests to relocate, alter or protect fibre, copper, Hybrid Fibre Coaxial (HFC), nbn™ access network equipment, nbn™ pits and conduits
- Removal or relocation of End User Premises Equipment prior to demolition or renovation
- Requests for additional connections (within a Commercial Premises or Multi Dwelling Unit) - excluding granny flats
- New development rearrangements. For example: your development is complete and connected to the nbn™ access network, but you require further rearrangement or additional pit and pipe
- Requests to relocate aerial network or lead-ins to underground
Dial Before You Dig - 1100
nbn is a member of Dial Before You Dig. Ensure you know where any underground cables are located before digging to avoid accidental damage. Contact Dial Before You Dig by calling 1100 or via their website at www.1100.com.au
Types of infrastructure managed by the nbn™ Commercial Works team:
If your enquiry is about a change of technology type, submit your request through the Technology Choice Program.
If your query relates to any of the following, please contact the nbn™ Contact Centre:
- If you are unsure whether the Commercial Works process is applicable to your project
- For questions relating to any mail or postal correspondence you’ve received from nbn
Contact your phone and internet provider directly for all issues relating to:
- Reinstallation of missing equipment (including nbn™ supplied equipment located inside or attached to your premises)
- Workmanship issues relating to the installation of nbn™ supplied equipment
Your Commercial Works request may incur an Application Fee.
Application fees cover the preparation of the cost estimate for the proposed works, and generally range between $500-1000. This amount may vary depending on the size and complexity of your proposed work.
The Application Fee must be paid in full and in advance of nbn commencing the preparation of the Cost Estimate.
The Application Fee is non-refundable, even if the requesting party does not agree to the cost estimate and terms and conditions, or chooses not to proceed with the Commercial Works in question.
In order to begin your application, please accept that you understand there will be fees for work carried out. If you are unwilling to pay, please contact the nbn™ Contact Centre on 1800 687 626.