Alter, relocate or remove
nbn recognises that property owners, business groups, local governments or other third parties may from time to time require nbn's infrastructure to be altered, relocated, removed or protected.
You should never try to move or alter the nbn™ broadband access network infrastructure/assets without authorisation. By law, only authorised people can work on nbn™ assets. Any interference, including unauthorised tampering, may result in legal action.
Apply early. Please provide nbn with as much advance notice of your project as possible.
Infrastructure owned by nbn is protected under the Telecommunications Act 1997 and in order to maintain, protect and safely relocate or remove our network assets, all requests must be done by authorised and accredited nbn™ personnel only. This will help us reduce damage to our assets and avoid unnecessary disruption to the community whilst ensuring nbn meets its Health, Safety and Environmental policy.
To help cater for these requirements, and subject to certain feasibilities and assessments nbn may offer a range of Commercial Works options. These can include, but are not limited to:
- Requests to relocate, alter or protect fibre, copper, Hybrid Fibre Coaxial (HFC), nbn™ access network equipment, nbn™ pits and conduits
- Removal or relocation of End User Premises Equipment for demolition or renovation
- Requests for additional connections (within a Commercial Premises or Multi Dwelling Unit)
- New development rearrangements (live network)
- Requests to relocate aerial network or lead-ins to underground
- Non-standard installations
- Buildings and structures
Dial Before You Dig - 1100
nbn is a member of Dial Before You Dig. Ensure you know where any underground cables are located before digging to avoid accidental damage to them. It is best to always contact Dial Before You Dig by calling 1100 or via their website at www.1100.com.au
Types of infrastructure managed by the nbn™ Commercial Works team:
- If you are unsure that the Commercial Works process is applicable to your project please contact the Contact Centre.
- If your enquiry is about a change of technology type submit your request through the Technology Choice Program.
- For re-installation of missing equipment please contact the Contact Centre.
Continue to the Commercial Works request form:
In order to begin your application, please accept that you understand that there will be fees for work carried out.