What you need to do
- Talk to your monitored fire alarm provider about your options for migrating your fire alarm to the nbn™ access network, or another network, prior to the disconnection of your current service.
- Identify the phone number used by your fire alarm.
- Register your service with nbn's Fire Alarm and Lift Emergency Phone Register. Valid registrations (with a valid service phone number) will help nbn identify where assistance with migration may be needed. Registration to nbn's Fire Alarm and Lift Emergency Phone Register is free.
- Once you have asked your monitored fire alarm provider for advice about options to migrate your fire alarm, you will need to decide which option to install.
- If additional cabling work is required to migrate your fire alarm, you will need to organise a registered cabler to do this.
- Once the alarm has been migrated, work with your monitored fire alarm provider, and equipment providers, to make sure everything is working properly.
- Once migration is successfully tested, ask your monitored fire alarm provider to notify nbn that the service has been migrated.
How to register monitored fire alarm and lift emergency phones in multiple sites
To register monitored fire alarms and lift emergency phones in multiple sites, download and follow the instructions in the bulk registration template.
You must accept the terms and conditions to download the template
Questions you could ask your monitored fire alarm provider:
- Will my monitored fire alarm work properly when connected to the nbn™ access network?
- If so, what specific phone or internet service will work best with my monitored fire alarm?
- Will my monitored fire alarm be able to dial out during a power outage?
- If not, what alternatives are available?
- What solutions would you [the provider] suggest? Are there any costs involved?